none
iOS Remote Desktop Client - iPad Pro Smart Keyboard Support RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having issues with the 9.7" iPad Pro with Apple's Smart Keyboard attached. It seems like the keys are not being sent over to the Windows computers properly. Can you investigate this? I LOVE using RDP on the iPad Pro with this keyboard attached. So portable. This is the only issue.
    Monday, January 29, 2018 5:04 PM

All replies

• I'm having issues with the 9.7" iPad Pro with Apple's Smart Keyboard attached. It seems like the keys are not being sent over to the Windows computers properly. Can you investigate this? I LOVE using RDP on the iPad Pro with this keyboard attached. So portable. This is the only issue.

Hi,

Which version of MRD for IOS  did you use now? The last version is 8.1.38, you could follow this link to find it:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id714464092?platform=ipad&preserveScrollPosition=true#platform/ipad

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:02 AM
  • I to am having the same issue with my IOS device (iPad 9.7 Pro). I am using the very latest version (8.1.39). I would very much like to see a resolution to this. Microsoft is a good clean, no nonsense solution for remote access and the only issue appears to be with the keyboard. Searches on the web show evidence that others are seeking a solution to this problem. So far I have not been able to resolve this on my own, even with other posted recommendations. I think for those of us out there that see the very portable option of the iPad for accessing systems remotely and on the go, provides an effective way to remain productive. I know there are other means of achieving the objective for remote access, but if there is a reasonable solution to this, that would be great. Thanks to anyone willing to give this any serious thoughts, consideration, and/or resolution. My sincere thanks to Microsoft for providing an otherwise great implementation of their Remote Desktop app for their competitors platform ... :-).
    • Edited by lcchavis Saturday, February 24, 2018 7:29 PM
    Saturday, February 24, 2018 7:27 PM
  • I have the same issue. Using an Ipad pro 12.9 with latest Ios and Rdp. At several instances, the keyboard worked. I could not find a reason sofar. The screen keyboard is too slow to work. Any suggestion is welcome.
    Saturday, May 26, 2018 2:57 PM
  • I’m also experiencing the same issue; all latest software; - iPad Pro 12.9-inch - Apple Smart Keyboard - iOS 11.4.1 - Microsoft Remote Desktop 8.1.42 The keyboard works somewhat on initial load of the app (I’ve never had CTRL work) and as time passes more and more keys stop working; usually beginning with SHIFT and quickly progressing until everything stops working entirely and I’m forced to restart it. Can we please have a solution to this soon? I love the app but it’s becoming quite frustating; I’ve previously used the Microsoft Remote Desktop application on my MacBook Pro and it has always worked flawlessly. Please help. Kind Regards, Bart
    Monday, September 17, 2018 3:09 PM