none
wi-fi connect and certificate issue RRS feed

• Question

• hi to all.

i have windows server 2016 with nap role for wi-fi network.

my trouble is windows 10 client cant connect to network while uncheck certificate identity like here step 7  https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5759.

my clients is a guests and i cant use GPO.

how should i configure NAP?

Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in this forum.

I did not see step 7 in the link you provided.

If possible, please show me some screenshots of your configuration and the error.

Appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Abby

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 30, 2019 7:25 AM
  • sorry, the right url https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5759
    Friday, August 30, 2019 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

This is a quick note to let you know that i am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Abby

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 2, 2019 8:33 AM
  • hi to all.

any idea?

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:05 AM
  • Hi,

Based on the link you provided, please check whether Radius EAP type is PEAP or not.

Best regards,

Abby

Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:08 AM
  • yes, its PEAP

Friday, September 6, 2019 6:24 AM
  • i changed certificate at EAP properties to internal pc from internal PKI and now Windows 10 client have message

Network Security Alert: Windows can't verify the server's identity. If you expect to find %1 in this location, go ahead and connect.  Otherwise, it may be a different network with the same name.

When I view the "Certificate details," it lists the "Server thumbprint".

of course its better but i want exclude any alerts

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:42 PM