none
ADFS FARM disconnect and stand up a parallel farm RRS feed

• Question

• I have an ADFS farm with four servers all using WID. This environment is for Office 365.

Servers are 2016 and current farm behavior is 1.

Server1 (primary)

Server2 ( secondary)

Server3 ( secondary)

Server4 ( secondary)

I disconnected server4 from the farm using,Set-AdfsFarmInformation -RemoveNode

Server4 is gone when I do Get-AdfsFarmInformation. I have not removed ADFS role from server 4 yet.

After 5-10 minutes when I run Get-AdfsFarmInformation the server4 shows up as connected again. I use the command Set-AdfsFarmInformation -RemoveNode and it goes away and shows joined in five minutes.

My question:

I want to keep Server4 separate from all the servers so I can run parallel adfs environment for testing.

I want to promote server4 as independent primary server. So Server 4 environment is different from Server1 thru 3.

I cannot use ADFS rapid tool to restores as FBL is 1.

Help here !

John

• Edited by John98683 Thursday, July 11, 2019 4:11 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:58 PM

All replies

• ADFS farm members are kept in the configurarion only starting 2016. So what you might see might be a glitch of running in this "downgraded" mode (FBL 1). Maybe the node jsut comes back because in FBL 1, that's how it works.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, July 12, 2019 12:41 PM
    Owner