none
Streaming Media Services with essential edition RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

is the streming media services in WS2012 Essential has the same functionality of the WS2008??

or there is another way to stream media??

Thanks 

Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:58 PM

Answers

• Hey all,

is the streming media services in WS2012 Essential has the same functionality of the WS2008??

Thanks 

2012 Essentials uses the same Media Streaming functionality that's part of Windows Home Server 2011 (to DLNA compliant devices, plus streaming media locally and through the internet).
    Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:52 PM
  • Very similar to WHS2011 (built on WS 2008 code). DNLA and more importantly streaming to non-Silverlight devices such as iPad/iPhone

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:53 PM
  • Thanks guys it was the solution, Essential looks great and I hope my project work out

I have this little problem when I start up the server, the network connection must be reset every time before I use it.

Is it a WS2012 problem or maybe because I setup the OS on virtual machine??

boudi

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:50 PM
  • I have this little problem when I start up the server, the network connection must be reset every time before I use it.

It's not a fundamental WS2012E problem - there could be a multiplicity of reasons for what you are seeing.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:30 AM

All replies

• Hey all,

Thanks 

2012 Essentials uses the same Media Streaming functionality that's part of Windows Home Server 2011 (to DLNA compliant devices, plus streaming media locally and through the internet).
    Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:52 PM
  • Very similar to WHS2011 (built on WS 2008 code). DNLA and more importantly streaming to non-Silverlight devices such as iPad/iPhone

Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:53 PM
  • Thanks guys it was the solution, Essential looks great and I hope my project work out

I have this little problem when I start up the server, the network connection must be reset every time before I use it.

boudi

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:50 PM
  • I have this little problem when I start up the server, the network connection must be reset every time before I use it.

It's not a fundamental WS2012E problem - there could be a multiplicity of reasons for what you are seeing.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:30 AM
  • I've started running Plex Media Server on mine. It really is excellent apart from one issue. For some reason Plex crashes if VPN is configured. Plex Forums folks are claiming it works OK with 2012R2 Essentials.
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:03 AM