none
Renew Intermediate certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am trying to renew my intermediate certificate server but i didn't found the .cer request file so please how can i solve this issue .

I check registery to search for certrequestfile but also didn't found .

MCP MCSA MCSE MCT MCTS CCNA

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:05 AM

All replies

• The request file when renewing the CA certificate will default to the root of C: = C:\
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:33 AM
  • The request file when renewing the CA certificate will default to the root of C: = C:\

I know that but i didn't found it and i am trying to find the location in Registery also i didn't found ???

MCP MCSA MCSE MCT MCTS CCNA

Thursday, March 29, 2018 4:49 PM
  • This CA is not an intermediate. If you look at the CAType key, it is a value of 3 which is a Standalone CA. Since this CA created it's own certificate, there is no request file and no RequestFileName registry key. Perhaps this is not the CA you intended to try to renew since you said it was an Intermediate Ca you were trying to renew.

C:\Users\administrator.CONTOSO>certutil -getreg ca\catype
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CertSvc\Configuration\Contoso Issuing CA 01\CAType:

CAType REG_DWORD = 3
        ENUM_STANDALONE_ROOTCA -- 3
    CertUtil: -getreg command completed successfully.

Mark B. Cooper, President and Founder of PKI Solutions Inc., former Microsoft Senior Engineer and subject matter expert for Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS). Known as “The PKI Guy” at Microsoft for 10 years. He is also co-founder of Revocent (revocent.com) and its CertAccord product that offers Linux certificate enrollment from a Microsoft CA. Connect with Mark at https://www.pkisolutions.com

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:03 AM