none
Reverse Lookup Zone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The pcs connected to the users vlans are not updating their pointer records for reverse lookup zone. If i manually select the option to update the pointer record under forward dns zone then it appears in the reverse lookup zone but what will happen when the ip address changes. And it is not possible to select the manual update option for all the pcs.

Any Suggestions?

Windows 2012 Domain

Thanks.

Monday, November 11, 2019 12:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>The pcs connected to the users vlans are not updating their pointer records for revers lookup zone.

Did you mean before connected to the vlans, the DNS can automatically update the pointer records for revers lookup zone? If I misunderstand, please let me know.

Please check the properties of your revers lookup zone, if it enables dynamic updates?

If not, please enable it and check if the problem is resolved.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Before configuring vlans, all the pcs were on the default vlans together with servers having the same ip range. But after changing the ip subnet for client pcs, they are not appearing under reverse lookup zone. The option to Allow Dynamic Updates is already selected.

Thanks.

Monday, November 11, 2019 5:12 PM
  • Hi,

>>But after changing the ip subnet for client pcs, they are not appearing under reverse lookup zone. 

After the IP changes, if there is any error? If yes, please take a screenshot and upload it.

As I know, the reverse lookup zone has a IP range.

If your new IP is not in the range, then it cannot be update.

You need to create a new reverse lookup zone for the new IP range.

(the "proposed as answer“ is a wrong click,so sorry)

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:03 AM
  • No it is not working.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 7:14 PM
  • Hi,

Please take a screenshot about the error and upload it to help me understand the problem better.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:04 AM