none
Activation problem in windows 2008 server...error code: 0x8007232b... RRS feed

• Question

• Activation problem in windows 2008 server...error code: 0x8007232b...

I am maintaining a server with windows 2003 server....i thought of upgrading my server with new OS windows server 2008 RTM downloaded from msdn

After installing the OS i faced the problem of activation???. It suggested me to activate the OS. When i tried to activate through online i faced this error message.

My error message is:
    Code:
        0x8007232B

Description:
        DNS name does not exist.

My network setup was fine with all the settings...I am trying to find the exact solution for this...i will try to post the fix soon....

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:03 PM

Answers

• After looking into this a bit more, it looks like 2008 server does not require you to enter the activation key during the installation process.  When you go to activate the os, click on change product key first and enter your MSDN MAK activation key.  That should be all you need to activate.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 6:31 PM
  • You receive that error because a default installation using VL media is looking for a KMS SRV record in DNS.  You will need to either create a KMS host for your server to find, or use the MAK.  I would recomend reading over the VA 2.0 step-by-step guide to make sure you understand how/when to use the KMS key.

Friday, February 15, 2008 2:18 PM

All replies