none
WDS missing from TP5 RRS feed

• Question

• Upgrading the lab to TP5 tonight.

I cannot see WDS as a role in TP5 sure this was there under TP4, I don't see anything in the notes about it being removed?

Tim

Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I created a new lab which has Windows Server 2016 TP5 installed. Actually Windows Deployment Services role still exist in 2016 TP5, please see the screenshot below:

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 6, 2016 8:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I created a new lab which has Windows Server 2016 TP5 installed. Actually Windows Deployment Services role still exist in 2016 TP5, please see the screenshot below:

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 6, 2016 8:08 AM
  • Hi Tim,

Please let us know if this doesn't resolve your issue. I just checked my machine and am seeing it as well.

Thanks,

Andrew

Friday, May 6, 2016 6:28 PM
  • I see you found it in the GUI, but what about server core?

"Get-WindowsFeature WDS" returns null.  Has it been renamed?

Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:45 PM
  • Hi,

WDS has never been a supported role on Server Core. In Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 you could convert Server Core up to Server with a Desktop. Therefore, all the roles were listed in Server Core even though some, like WDS, converted the machine to Server with a Desktop.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:29 PM