none
Failed to run unattended because no mandatory deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running a deployment from a bootable media and getting the error as per subject. A couple of lines before in the smsts log I see an entry where Active time for task sequence xxx is checked. First od thing about it is that the two task sequence IDs that are being mentioned there don't exist on the SCCM server. The smsts log however mentions them in Request Location and Download policy body entries. Also, although the current time stated there is right the Active time seems some random date 2 years ago. Would this have any thing to do with the error regarding no mandatory deployment? Btw when creating the bootable media the Allow unattended is checked. Which other log could help finding what's going on as communication with the SCCM server seems working fine. I see the policy download phase going through and 

yaro

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You selected the option "Allow unattended operating system deployment". So you should have deployed a required task sequence for the client. The task sequence fails because it could not find a required deployment.

If you want client select a specific task sequence automatically, we could add the variable SMSTSPreferredAdvertID to the bootable media. Refer to the following blog.

https://blog.neilsabol.site/post/sccm-system-center-task-sequence-boot-media-hidden/ 

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by yaro137 Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:53 PM
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You selected the option "Allow unattended operating system deployment". So you should have deployed a required task sequence for the client. The task sequence fails because it could not find a required deployment.

If you want client select a specific task sequence automatically, we could add the variable SMSTSPreferredAdvertID to the bootable media. Refer to the following blog.

https://blog.neilsabol.site/post/sccm-system-center-task-sequence-boot-media-hidden/ 

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by yaro137 Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:53 PM
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:43 AM
  • This works very nicely indeed. I see more issues though but will open a separate topic :)

yaro

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:53 PM