Direct Access - Inside/Outside detection and Hibernate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a Problem with Direct Access and Hibernate on Notebooks.
    The Problem appears when the Notebook was connected outside of the Intranet and then set to Hibernate. After that when the Notebook is connected again in the Intranet and started from Hibernate the Inside/Outside detection doesn't run and the Direct Access stays active.

A "netsh namespache show effective shows the settings for outside" shows all Name Resolution Policies active and because of that no Resources in the Intranet are reachable.
    Also in the Eventlog (NCSI Operational Log) there are no new entries. So the de Detection apparently doesn't run.

Has someone the similar problems? 
    Is it possible to start the Inside/Outside detection manually? 
    What must happen that the detection will run?

The only solution that I found is to reboot the Notebook but then hibernate is useless.

Thx

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to disable/enable NIC to initiate inside/outside detection. You can use scrip to do so:

Hey, Scripting Guy! How Can I Enable or Disable My Network Adapter?
    http://blogs.technet.com/heyscriptingguy/archive/2008/09/29/how-can-i-enable-or-disable-my-network-adapter.aspx

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Mervyn Zhang Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:22 AM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Upon connecting to a network, the client will check the IPv6 addresses assigned to its network interfaces. If an address falls within the intranet IPv6 address prefix range, the DirectAccess client determines that it can reach the intranet.

So, I suggest you try to renew your IP Address to test, run:

Ipconfig /release
    Ipconfig /release6
    Ipconfig /renew
    Ipconfig /renew6
    Ipconfig /flushdns

If it works, you can create a BAT file to run these commands.

If it doesn’t work, right-click your NIC icon in the taskbar, choose Troubleshoot problems. Follow the wizard, what’s the result?

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Mervyn Zhang Tuesday, December 22, 2009 10:08 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mervyn Zhang Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:15 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 10:11 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for your response.

I tested the Ipconfig commands but it doesn't help.

The network diagnostics wizard says: "Problems Found. Your computer might have been incorrectly deteced as being outside the domain network. Not fixed".

So the wizard says again what I already know. ;-) But the Name Resolution Policies are still active and I have still no connection to the intranet until reboot.

Is there anything else which I could try ? 

Thx
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to disable/enable NIC to initiate inside/outside detection. You can use scrip to do so:

Hey, Scripting Guy! How Can I Enable or Disable My Network Adapter?
    http://blogs.technet.com/heyscriptingguy/archive/2008/09/29/how-can-i-enable-or-disable-my-network-adapter.aspx

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Mervyn Zhang Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:22 AM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:22 AM