none
BGinfo Extenstion for Azure Resource Manager VM's?

Question

• Not sure if this is the right place but I'll start with it.  Where do I find and install the BGinfo extension for Azure Resource Manager VM's?  
    Monday, November 02, 2015 9:37 PM

Answers

• I ended up getting this to work. What I had done was install the latest Preview release of the Azure PowerShell modules. These modules have changed up a bit. The command that I had to use is as follows:

Set-AzureRmVMExtension -ExtensionName BGInfo -Publisher Microsoft.Compute -Version 2.1 -ExtensionType BGInfo -Location centralus -ResourceGroupName RESOURCEGROUP -VMName VMNAME

• Marked as answer by BigSkyTech Wednesday, November 04, 2015 3:06 PM
    Wednesday, November 04, 2015 3:06 PM

All replies

• HI have you tried resource groups > GROUPNAME > COMPUTERNAME > Settings > Extensions >

then click add

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 1:15 PM
  • I have, the only "Extension" that I see is: "Microsoft.Azure.Diagnostics.IaaSDiagnostics".  And there is no option to Add another one.  I'm convinced that this is an issue related to it being created with ARM.  I have manually installed the Agent and tried to enable it using the following article. 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-extensions-agent-about/ 

I can see the following services running on the VM:

WindowsAzureGuestAgent.exe

WaAppAgent.exe

WindowsAzureTelemetryService.exe

• Edited by BigSkyTech Tuesday, November 03, 2015 4:33 PM
    Tuesday, November 03, 2015 4:11 PM
  • I ended up getting this to work. What I had done was install the latest Preview release of the Azure PowerShell modules. These modules have changed up a bit. The command that I had to use is as follows:

Set-AzureRmVMExtension -ExtensionName BGInfo -Publisher Microsoft.Compute -Version 2.1 -ExtensionType BGInfo -Location centralus -ResourceGroupName RESOURCEGROUP -VMName VMNAME

• Marked as answer by BigSkyTech Wednesday, November 04, 2015 3:06 PM
    Wednesday, November 04, 2015 3:06 PM