none
A server error occurred. Check that the server is available. (HRESULT : 0x80041206) (0x80041206) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all.

    I've been getting this error in Event Viewer since I turned on the "Search Role" on Windows Server 2008:

     

    The content source <mapi://{S-1-5-21-1178597828-3712073033-1381665325-1135}/> cannot be accessed.

    Context: Windows Application, SystemIndex Catalog

    Details:
        A server error occurred. Check that the server is available.  (HRESULT : 0x80041206) (0x80041206)

     

    Event ID 3036 for the Windows Search Service has been suppressed 10 time(s) since 9:31:14. This event is used to suppress Windows Search Service events that have occurred frequently within a short period of time.  See Event ID 3036 for further details on this event.

    Print Screen:

    I found this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930010

    But I have installed on my system only Office 2003 and the Compatibility Pack for Office 2007/2010, no other version of Office is installed.

    What causes this errors and how to solve this issue ?

    Thank you in advance.


    ...
    Monday, March 14, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies

  • Just want to make things clear, not errors but Warnings in Event Viewer.
    ...
    Monday, March 14, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

     

     

    Based on my search, I would like to try the following things to resolve this issue if possible:

     

    1.       Try to repair the 2003 Office system installation:

     

    1.  Exit all 2003 Office programs. 

    2.  Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK . 

    3.  In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, click Microsoft Office Version 2003, and then click Change. 

    4.  In the Microsoft Office Version 2003 dialog box, click Repair, and then click Continue.

     

    2.       Try to run c:\windows\system32\fixmapi.exe and reindex the desired location in WDS after the reboot.

     

    3.       If both methods are not useful, I would introduce the workaround below to see if this issue can be fixed:

     

     

    1.) Stop and disable the Windows Search Service and restart the Outlook to see the results

    2.) Second, in Outlook go to Tools > Instant Search > Search Options > Indexing <uncheck the option for indexing the mails>. Keep the indexing service running to index the archived and PST items but it will not search under these. You need to go the same location again and have to uncheck the options to stop the index on these items if you want search enabled on it.

     

    You need to restart the Outlook. Try to search and you will be able to find what you wanted.

     

      

    Thanks.

    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:44 AM
    Moderator