none
Server 2019 RDP session Black Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Have created a new 2019 RDS server...all set up fine etc etc

However, when a user first logs on, they get a black screen and most things unresponsive.

I've not been able to find a resolution to this.  We do have a workaround.  When this happens, on the Connections pane on the server, the user shows Disconnected.  I simply log them off and ask them then to log back on.  Hey ho, everything works fine.

This is reproduceable.

So if anyone having same problem, the above fix does work.  Ok for us as we do not have a huge user base, but for large sets would be a bit tedious for new users to contact IT admin.

My main reason for posting, is does anyone have a fix for this first time logon issue?

Cheers

Ian

Friday, July 12, 2019 7:13 AM

All replies

• hi,
    1 "However, when a user first logs on, they get a black screen and most things unresponsive."
      when the problem happen ,can you enter ctrl+alt+delete to open "task manger" then find “file" to run a new task with explorer.exe to display normal desktop?"
        did your issue only happen when a user first log on one session host server and if this user log on session host server again ,this domain user will not encounter the same issue forever.
    2 how do you deploy your RDS environment?(is there also RDCB,RDWEB,RDgateway in your environment )
      how many memory set for each user session ?
    3 if you create a new AD account in the same OU ,when you use this account logon the problematical session host ,will the problem persist ?
      if the problem persist ,can you add this new account to a new separate OU and check if your problem caused by domain user policy ?
    4 did the domain admin have the same problem ?
    5 “This is reproduceable.”
    Please check the symptom in a clean boot (refer to windows 10 steps) environment if it is possible. Ensure the latest update has been installed to avoid known issue.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, July 13, 2019 5:57 AM
  • hi,

Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 15, 2019 3:43 AM
  • Hi Andy

Apologies, holiday and other work commitments mean I can't respond further for a few weeks.

Ian

Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:48 AM
  • OK,thanks for your reply. I hope everything goes well.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Friday, July 19, 2019 9:57 AM