none
Task Manager not showing Network usage. RRS feed

• Question

• Before 3 days Task manager is running good enough but certainly now  my Task manager not showing network usage from few days,i think an 3rd party software has corrupted its features to never reveal his network usage.
    I talked with Microsoft Answer Desk about this, but nothing  helped,they told that Task manager is windows features that can't be Re-installed to solve this problem.
    When i go to "Resource Manager" it shows which application is using net be can't tell how much.The problem is only occurring with Task Manager WHAT TO DO !!!!!  Visit this Screen Shot----                          http://i.gyazo.com/11ea8ab1e44e5ce87906cfe56d92473e.png
    Sunday, April 19, 2015 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Boot your computer to clean boot mode and check this issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135/

You could find all your installed adapters from device manager->network adapter, you might have virtual adapter installed if you are using virtual network such as WIFI sharing or virtual machine software. Start from virtual ones by right click->uninstall. Then reboot.

Note: you might need to back up your network adapter driver first for re-install them later.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 2:08 AM

All replies

• You could restore your pc the time when it was working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Sunday, April 19, 2015 1:17 PM
  • I don't have any restore point.
    Monday, April 20, 2015 12:51 PM
  • does whole Microsoft can't solve this problem!
    Monday, April 20, 2015 2:54 PM
  • Hi Nitesh,

You would need in this case to use the Resource Monitor instead, or try a newer version for the bandwidth-control product.

If you have installed any bandwidth-control product, try uninstall these software for good measure. And this issue might occurs If you have any other network adapters (virtual or physical), try disabling them one-by-one. If it suddenly works, you have found the problem adapter.

I personally recommend to use Resource Monitor instead, it much more sensitive and Real-time than in task manager.

Resource Monitor is a tool that you can use to monitor the usage of CPU, hard disk, network, and memory in real time.

To open Resource Monitor in Windows 8.1

Task manager->Performance->Open Resource Monitor

type Resource Monitor, and then, in the list of results, click Resource Monitor.If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:19 AM
  • D. Wu ,i was already using Resource Monitor .I have uninstalled my other bandwidth-control products,They were no match for our window's Taskmanager/Resource monitor.Now temporarily i am using Resource Monitor.

The new thing was about uninstalling "Network Adapters" one-by-one ,how to do so?                                          

Friday, May 1, 2015 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Boot your computer to clean boot mode and check this issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135/

You could find all your installed adapters from device manager->network adapter, you might have virtual adapter installed if you are using virtual network such as WIFI sharing or virtual machine software. Start from virtual ones by right click->uninstall. Then reboot.

Note: you might need to back up your network adapter driver first for re-install them later.

Regards,

D. Wu

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 2:08 AM
  • Yeah i've marked it as Answer
    I will make a statement  "I am Satisfied,with answers"
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 2:12 PM
  • Open up Device manager, uninstall the Network adapter. Restart PC. Done. Problem solved.
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 10:23 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can understand the inconvenience caused and will be glad to assist you with the issue.

The possible cause could be if the Update speed option in Task Manager is Disabled. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Open Task Manager.
    2. Under the View option, go to Update Speed.
    3. Ensure that it is not paused. You can set it Normal.
    4. Restart the computer.
    5. Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries.

• Proposed as answer by Vishal Gkv Sunday, December 17, 2017 10:52 AM
    Sunday, December 17, 2017 10:52 AM
  • Open up Device manager, uninstall the Network adapter. Restart PC. Done. Problem solved.
    1. Open up Device Manager
    2. Open Menu -- View-->Show hidden devices
    3. Uninstall all instances of the appropriate Network adapter driver (in my case it is a "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device").
    4. Right click "Network adapters" or parent node and select "Scan for hardware changes". (No need to reboot).
    5. PROFIT!!111 ;-)

Anyway, from time to time (e.g. when you connect an adapter to another USB port) the issue come back again.
    So I consider this is a bug. MS should update RNDIS driver. The issue never occured to me for other devices - like non-USB NICs, Wi-Fi, any kind of virtual adapters (tun, tap, cisco...) or USB-modems with Stick-type firmware.
    The issue occurs for HiLink-type modems only (as for me - Huawei E3372).

• Edited by Andy Fisher1 Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:31 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can understand the inconvenience caused and will be glad to assist you with the issue.

The possible cause could be if the Update speed option in Task Manager is Disabled. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Open Task Manager.
    2. Under the View option, go to Update Speed.
    3. Ensure that it is not paused. You can set it Normal.
    4. Restart the computer.
    5. Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries.

Thanks so much, it works!

• Edited by Thanhc Thursday, August 1, 2019 1:13 AM fixx
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 1:12 AM