- 2008 R2, fully updated
- Domain Controller
- DNS Server
- File Server
- Security Essentials for A/V
When using IE or Chrome locally, the initial page (regardess of what URL) freezes the browser and never loads. When using Firefox, the initial page hangs the browser for 2-3 minutes, but finally loads and then browsing is fine. (All regardless of user account)
If I remote into the server using MSTSC from another machine on the network, IE browses without any issues (Regardless of user account). Chrome still freezes. Firefox still hangs for the initial 2-3 minute page load.
Also, there is nothing in the event log.
All other workstations on the network browse without issues.
Troubleshooting Steps Taken
- Scanned for Maleware/Viruses/Rootkits using MalewarBytes, TDDSKiller, Combo Fix, Security Essentials, Avira Server Security, and Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Removed all A/V except MS Security Essentials (Used Symantec Removal Tool)
- Disabled Firewall
- Stopped Firewall Service
- Ran: netsh winsock reset
- Ran: netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
- Cleared DNS cache
- NSLOOKUP and PING return replies without any issue. Can ping by name or IP.
- Reset internet options settings to default
- Cleared browsing data/cache/cookies
- Disabled IES
- Downgraded from IE10 to IE9
- Updated drivers
- Ran: sfc /scannow
- No proxy set
- Hosts file is good
At this point, I'm at a loss of stuff to try. I've googled for hours with no real answers. Anyone have any idea on what is causing it and what to try?
- Edited by Josh Hartmann Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:35 PM
remove the AV and try again.
Beside this why the hell do you use a DC for web browsing? This is the heart from your domain and not a user machine!!!
Also other web browsers have not to be used on a DC.
MVP, MCP, MCTS
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/
Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.