Printers , drive mappings via GP or script RRS feed

• Question

• I was told by a predecessor that if you put too much into GP it slows down the login process but a script would also correct?    They have all of the drive mapping and printer assignments in scripts.  would it benefit them to move to GP?  everything is functioning perfect as is.  just a curious thought

Craig

Sunday, March 18, 2018 6:46 PM

All replies

• The slowness always depend of what you are applying and what you are applying. I have also used group policies to manage printers and drive mappings and I would say that they are more reliable and easier to manage compared to scripts.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Sunday, March 18, 2018 10:03 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark useful reply as answer, which would be much more efficient for other forum community members to find useful information.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 11:56 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark useful reply as answer, which would be much more efficient for other forum community members to find useful information.

Best Regards,

William

Monday, April 9, 2018 12:57 PM