none
Error 53 for sccm client install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi we got error code 53 for quite a number of PC when I push sccm2012 client  to computers, which were using sccm2007 before. I tested with one pc , the \\clientpc\admin$ failed access, Not enough server storage is available to process this command. I checked file and print sharing,windows firewall, SEP,remote admin,wmi,RPC,all not helpful, and the account I am using for push is a domain admin account,it's in local administrators group.. then I access sccm server share folder ,under i366\bin\, I did a mapping to Z: drive, and the run ccmsetup.exe with site code and sccm server name parameter, install it manually, then it works. and I can see this client "YES" status on sccm console. since there are hundreds of pc got this error, may I use GPO login script to do pull installation when the users login next time? will it resolve most of the problems? or shall I use SCCM2007 (still not decommissioned yet) to distribute the ccm setup to those clients with sccm2007 client? will it uninstall sccm2007 client and install 2012 client? since the root cause of the error not found yet, will that cause other issue like software update failure in future? please advise, thanks!!

Thanks and best regards, -- KF

Friday, January 17, 2014 4:23 PM

All replies

• net helpmsg 53
    You will see that it is not "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

ccmsetup.exe (cm12) will always uninstall the cm07 client.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Friday, January 17, 2014 4:46 PM
  • SORRY  I dont get what you mean about the permission issue of error 53, I cannot access \\locapchostname\c$ from itself.... any advice please?

C:\>
    C:\>net helpmsg 53

The network path was not found.

C:\>

thanks

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:04 AM
  • Does the computer exist in the DNS? You can ping it by name and do an nslookup for the IP address of the computer? Can you log on locally with the client push account you're using?

Check these services, that they are on:

• BITS
    • winmgmt
    • lanmanserver
    • rpcss

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:26 AM
  • I used ping-them tool to check and found 700 No-Dns-record result, 225 alive and 240 dead. For the 225 computers, I added them in an OU and applied GPO to use GPO to do sccm client installation. half succeeded, the rest not yet. Any advice for these three times? because we have only host name. while no user name and location, we cannot find the exact location of the PC to troubleshoot or manual install.  please advise,thanks!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 2:56 PM
  • There's no magic. If ConfigMgr can't reach them over the network, I'm not sure what you are expecting.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:35 PM
  • It almost sounds like Admin$ is disabled on those PC.  Run Net Share from CMD prompt and you should see if Admin$ is a share.  Without that share, client push cannot work.  So if the PC is verified online but you cannot access \\PCNAME\Admin$ then client push will fail.  You will, as you have suggested, have to do a manual install or go the SCCM 07/GPO route.  I have used GPO before and it generally works pretty well as long as the clients have regular access to the domain.  SCCM 2007 client should uninstall juts fine for you. 

Note - once the client is actually installed, Admin$ is not required for communication and things should work just fine. Hope this helps.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:47 PM
  • I had the same issue. On checking the local shares on the CI (domain joined) C:\Windows is the \\hostname\admin$ drive. So this should exist by default but I was unable to UNC to this path from any other machine on the same network. 

The next place I checked was DNS records. The forward lookup had an old/stale record/IP against the CI although the reverse lookup had the current IP. I deleted the stale record across all DNS servers and rebooted the client after a forcing a gp update.  

I was able to UNC to the path and managed to install the client.  

Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:01 AM