none
Problem after Windows sleep. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, All!

I've got a problem:
    Somtimes after my comp goes sleep(ex. Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then "Sleep"), when it wakes up...i can see a bug.
    For example:
    Start-Documents menu didn't displayed as a link(i've set it by default as link).
    In Windows Explorer - while opening some folfers: grey band(how in search) goes wery slow and the content isn't displayed in Explorer.
    Today i was trying to delete folder with a lot of files(small) - delete window buzzed while discovering items...and what's all. I try to cancel deleting, and now i have window("Canceling"), and no progress.
    So, reboot helps me, but i want know what kind this bug is...and may be to fix it.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 12:05 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I suggest performing a Clean Boot to check the result.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com//kb/929135

This article also applies to Windows Server 2008

Please also perform a full virus scan.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, August 17, 2009 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hello,

i suggest to use a forum for your OS version. This one is server related, not workstation OS. Thanks for understanding.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:14 PM
  • Hello.
    It is my error=)
    I've got Windows Server 2008. So i think i use right forum(there is forums for Windows Server 2008 R2, and General - i use it).
    Monday, August 17, 2009 6:06 AM
  • Hello,

do you use SP2 and the latest installed patches? I know that some problems with USB for example are solved.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, August 17, 2009 7:29 AM
  • Hello,

do you use SP2 and the latest installed patches? I know that some problems with USB for example are solved.

Yes, i've installed SP2 and almost all last updates.
    Monday, August 17, 2009 7:59 AM
  •  

Hi,

I suggest performing a Clean Boot to check the result.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com//kb/929135

This article also applies to Windows Server 2008

Please also perform a full virus scan.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, August 17, 2009 8:11 AM