none
Join Windows server 2003 to SBS 2008 Domain

Question

• Hi There I needed help with the following proble:

I had a SBS 2008 server setup as a DC and Exchange server(Server 1) hosting 10 workstations. Separately I have a 2003 server(server 2) whose role is a fax server as well as TS. All workstations are using Remote Desktop connection to connect to server 2 to access files. I am currently trying to linkserver 2 to the domain so that I can better manage group policy. However after joining the domain, all workstations are unable to use remote desktop to connect to server 2. I have tried to look at the technet sites for the last few days but were unable to find any solution. Can someone give me advice.

Monday, February 07, 2011 2:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

First of all check this GPO setting to make sure that your users have the access permissions:

Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignmen t and find the setting called “Allow logon through Terminal Services

Alternatively you can add needed users to the Remote Desktop Users local group on 2003 box.

If still no luck, post here the error that your users are getting.

сила в справедливости
    Monday, February 07, 2011 4:41 PM
  • Hi,

Can you PING the Server when this issue happens? Also please disable all firewalls to check this issue still exists?

Furthermore the article gives you a great hand to handle the issue “Remote Desktop Disconnected” or “Unable to Connect to Remote Desktop (Terminal Server)”

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2011/01/10/how-to-resolve-the-issue-remote-desktop-disconnected-or-unable-to-connect-to-remote-desktop-terminal-server.aspx

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 5:26 AM