none
BSOD - Windows Server 2003 SP2 64-bit

Question

• Hi,

I have Windows 2003 SP2 64-bit Server and it reboots randomly. In event ID, I found Event ID 1003 and Source is System Error. When I see the description of this Event ID below is the Error code.

Error code 000000000000000a, parameter1 ffffffffffffffe0, parameter2 0000000000000002, parameter3 0000000000000001, parameter4 fffff80001030636.

With the above Event ID, there is one more Event ID as 10016, Source DCOM

Description -

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{1A9FFCE9-10C1-40BC-9815-B20C1DC2D156}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

What could be the cause of the unexpected reboot of this Server?

Thanks & Regards Uttam
    Friday, December 2, 2011 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the description, we find it seems to be system crash issue and we need to analyze the crash dump file to narrow down the root cause of the issue. Unfortunately, it is not effective for us to debug the crash dump file here in the forum. Therefore, I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi All,

Any idea on the issue mentioned above?

Thanks & Regards Uttam
    Monday, December 5, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Hi,

According to the description, we find it seems to be system crash issue and we need to analyze the crash dump file to narrow down the root cause of the issue. Unfortunately, it is not effective for us to debug the crash dump file here in the forum. Therefore, I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:08 PM