Installation of Exchange Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to install Exchange Server 2007 on Windows Server 2008 32 bit edition, and the domain controller i am having is on Windows Server 2003,so kindly tell me will i be able to install Exchange Server 2007 without any problem on Windows Server 2008 32 bit edition on Production Environment?Kindly send me the documentation step by step installation of Exchange Server 2007 on Windows Server 2008-32 bit edition /Win 2003 64 bit edition.If you have any video links kindly provide me,Thanks in Advance?
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:41 AM

All replies

• The deployment documentation can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124558.aspx

Also this site has many detailed walkthroughs for deploying Exchnage and configurating different features: http://www.msexchange.org/
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

Does anyone in this community are having Installation and configuration documentation of Exchange Server 2007 in detailed way and do i need to extend the AD Schema for installation of Exchange Server 2007.Please send me the detailed documentation of Exchange Server 2007 on Windows Server 2008 32 bit editions?Is Exchange Server 2007 is compatible on Windows Server 2008 32 bit editions in production environment?

Thanks in Advance.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:46 AM
  • The links I posted above are about as detailed as you are going to find.  Take a few minutes and look through the Articles section of the msexchange.org link, they have excellent walkthroughs for most every component.

There is no supported, production version of Exchange 2007 in 32-bit, it's 64-bit only.  A 64-bit Windows Server installation is required.  Also Exchange should not be installed on the Domain Controller but must be put on a separate (preferably dedicated) host server.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:15 PM
  • Hello, 

I would like to install Exchange Server 2007 on Windows Server 2003/2008 64 bit OS but the Domain Controller is on Windows Server 2003 32 bit edition.

Prior to the installation of Exchange Server 2007 on Windows Server 2003/2008 OS on a Member Server, Do I have to run the following steps:

1)      Setup .com /preparead

2)      Setup.com /pl(Prepare Legacy)

3)      Setup.com /ps(Prepare Schema)

Can I run the above steps on a Windows server 2003/2008 64 bit Member Server OS or do I have to run the above steps only on Windows Server 2003 Domain Controller? Then once these steps are finished and I will be able to install ExchSrvr 2007 on a Member Server ,I would perform the installation of Exchange Server 2007 as a Domain “Administrator” and Domain “Password”.

Kindly explain me if I am wrong?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sudhir

Monday, June 15, 2009 4:14 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to know we have setup a sharepoint server but we do not have a Exchange Server but we would like to send a mail automatically from SharePoint to the users in our domian and also that mail should also to be communicated to the other domains?I think we can do this using setup an Exchange Server at our end and we can route the mails to the other domain?Can you please explain me how will i do this setup?

Thanks in Advance
    Friday, June 19, 2009 4:30 AM