none
Access denied error for local documents and settings folder

Question

• hello,

we have installed windows server2003 enterprise edition in our office we have created a domain and all the users are connected to that domain.

The problem we are facing is when a user is connected to server through domain login he is able to access all local files and folders, the user is getting access to documents and settings folder in local disk C but for sub folders it is saying access denied error.i have given full permissions even though it is denying...

kindly solve the issue.. 

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please let us know what user account did you log in?

If you are the administrator user, please run the following commands to check the result.

takeown /f {folder location}
    cacls {folder location} /G administrators:F

If it does not work, you may run the following command and post the output in your reply.

Cacls {folder location}

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:27 AM

All replies

• Can you provide us with the following information:

• The user is connecting to a server from another machine?
    • What path is the user using to connect to folder on which he gets and access denied
    • Can you list the relevant share/ntfs permissions for the folder on which the user that an access denied
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:09 AM
  • Yes,the user is connecting to server from another machine it is windowsxp.

local disk c:\documents and settings\administrator.

I want to access administrator folder but it is denying because i want to use desktop files that are present locally.

administrator-full control

system-full control

users-full control

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:35 AM
  • What do you mean by: I want to access administrator folder but it is denying because i want to use desktop files that are present locally.
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:24 AM
  • Hi,

Please let us know what user account did you log in?

If you are the administrator user, please run the following commands to check the result.

takeown /f {folder location}
    cacls {folder location} /G administrators:F

If it does not work, you may run the following command and post the output in your reply.

Cacls {folder location}

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:27 AM