none
dhcp issue on ASA firewall RRS feed

• Question

• The setting I just put was "override client settings" (see the attached image) does fix the issue with PTR being unable to be created, deleted, or updated automatically in DNS when I typed “ipconfig /registerdns” manually at pc. When I removed the pc out of the domain, the AA and PTR did get deleted automatically and before the change (refer to the setting "override client settings"), AA would be removed but PTR won’t. However, after I removed the pc out of the domain and rejoined it into the domain, the AA and PTR won’t get created in dns automatically. I had to type “ipconfig /registerdns” at the pc to get the pc to register dns and get AA and PTR created. Before the change (refer to the setting "override client settings") , the pc would have AA to be created in DNS automatically right after it joined the domain but no PTR to be created. Therefore, dns on windows 2012 R2/dhcp on cisco ASA firewall still do not work right together.

Any advice to fix the issue with being unable to register dns automatically after the computer joins the domain? By the way, ipconfig /all on the pc does shows the correct dns server ip.

dhcp on ASA firewall
    • Edited by L14507 Thursday, August 23, 2018 7:17 PM modify
    Thursday, August 23, 2018 7:14 PM

All replies

• I wonder if the below dynmatic DNS page has something to do with the issue being unable to register dns automatically. What does ddns-2 interval as 0 mean? does it mean no update to be sent? Does it have something to do with dhcp? Please advise!

ASA dns

Thursday, August 23, 2018 9:22 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your question.

I suggest you check the configuration of DDNS.

Please refer to the following link for detailed information:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/config/dhcp.html

Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information

Best regards,

Leon

Friday, August 24, 2018 9:57 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Leon

Monday, September 10, 2018 2:18 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 14, 2018 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:45 AM