none
WSUS Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm having a critical issue on my production environment.

I have an WSUS server which is synchronising patches successfully over the internet.

- But my servers Windows Server 2003 are not pulling the patches from the WSUS server.

- Checking the event logs on one of the server gives me event ids: 1030 and 1058.

- On my DC, i retrieve a report for Group Policy Results for the said server, but in the report (Policy Events) i get same event ids: 1030 & 1058.

For 1058, i get the following error in description:

The file must be present at the location <\\mydomain\SysVol\mydomain\Policies\{235BDA83-05C4-40BB-A018-240B4DC0AC9A}\gpt.ini>. (The system cannot find the path specified. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

- My server can connect/access the \\mydomain\SysVol\mydomain\Policies but i cannot see the folder {235BDA83-05C4-40BB-A018-240B4DC0AC9A} in that location.

- I have even tried to create a new OU to which i have moved my server and have link a newly created GPO for WSUS - BUT same issue.

Grateful if you can help asap as this is becoming an urgent issue.

• Moved by Lawrence Garvin Monday, June 16, 2014 11:32 PM Group Policy question
    Monday, June 16, 2014 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, this can be related to network issues, Sysvol permission issues, the health of domain controllers and so on. We can follow the following article to troubleshoot the issue.

Userenv errors occur and events are logged after you apply Group Policy to computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887303

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hello all,

I have an WSUS server which is synchronising patches successfully over the internet.

- But my servers Windows Server 2003 are not pulling the patches from the WSUS server.

- Checking the event logs on one of the server gives me event ids: 1030 and 1058.

- On my DC, i retrieve a report for Group Policy Results for the said server, but in the report (Policy Events) i get same event ids: 1030 & 1058.

The file must be present at the location <\\mydomain\SysVol\mydomain\Policies\{235BDA83-05C4-40BB-A018-240B4DC0AC9A}\gpt.ini>. (The system cannot find the path specified. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

- My server can connect/access the \\mydomain\SysVol\mydomain\Policies but i cannot see the folder {235BDA83-05C4-40BB-A018-240B4DC0AC9A} in that location.

- I have even tried to create a new OU to which i have moved my server and have link a newly created GPO for WSUS - BUT same issue.

So, it seems you have a GPO or ADDS problem, not a WSUS problem?
    The DS forum may be a better place for diagnosing a DS problem.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, June 16, 2014 8:55 AM
  • Hello all,

- My server can connect/access the \\mydomain\SysVol\mydomain\Policies but i cannot see the folder {235BDA83-05C4-40BB-A018-240B4DC0AC9A} in that location.

Monday, June 16, 2014 10:24 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, this can be related to network issues, Sysvol permission issues, the health of domain controllers and so on. We can follow the following article to troubleshoot the issue.

Userenv errors occur and events are logged after you apply Group Policy to computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887303

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:07 AM