none
How to delete uninstall Windows update

Question

• Hello all,

I want to delete uninstall update but I could not do that. I stopped WU service and open folder %windir%\SoftwareDistribution and delete everything in Download folder. Then, I started the WU service. However, that update re-appear again in next couple minute.

Please give me some idea how to delete uninstall permanently.

Thanks

Long

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:17 PM

Answers

•  Do you think WSUS server is still pushing that update to that laptop?

Thanks

Yes.

If i am correct, What you need is just not to approve the corresponding update for this computer. So definitely,you will not get the " uninstall Windows update" because they are even not downloaded to your client.

If you have already approved this update, you need to remove the approval for the client. If it did download to your client, remove the approval or manually delete the download file or  you can just wait the WUA to delete it by its detection

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:02 AM

All replies

Thanks

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:19 PM
  • Do you think WSUS server is still pushing that update to that laptop?
    Yes.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin

Friday, February 10, 2012 10:59 PM
  • I want to delete uninstall update
    I'm not really sure what this means.
    I stopped WU service and open folder %windir%\SoftwareDistribution and delete everything in Download folder. Then, I started the WU service. However, that update re-appear again in next couple minute.
    Yep.
    Please give me some idea how to delete uninstall permanently.
    First I need to understand what you mean by this question.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin

Friday, February 10, 2012 11:01 PM

Thanks

Yes.

If i am correct, What you need is just not to approve the corresponding update for this computer. So definitely,you will not get the " uninstall Windows update" because they are even not downloaded to your client.

If you have already approved this update, you need to remove the approval for the client. If it did download to your client, remove the approval or manually delete the download file or  you can just wait the WUA to delete it by its detection

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:02 AM