none
Server DHCP address DNS Update Requests RRS feed

• Question

• We have a mutltihomed server.  We enabled one of the nics to use dhcp before disabling and turning it to static.

Despite creating a static entry for the server in DNS with the static ip address, the previous dhcp address continued to update it's address in DNS. 

In the dhcpsrvlog there are entries of "DNS Update Request" for the dhcp ip address of the server.  I deleted the ip address lease on the dhcp server however it continued to update th A Record on the dns server even though it isn't in use any more.

It seam to have stopped updating now after a few hours but I don't this process or how to stop it if it happens again.  I did restart the dhcp servers and delete and recreate the A Records statically. 

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems you enable DHCP to automatically dynamic update DNS records.

Typically,we set static IP address for Server,even it is multihomed.

In you case,I suggest you set static IP address on both nics.And chose the one you want it to update to DNS server,select 'Register this connection's address in DNS',and for another one,don't select this option.

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 5:39 AM