none
IPAM(IP Address Management): Management of NPSs and DCs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

IPAM supposed to manage DHCP, DCs, NPSs and DNSs. Yet, 100% of operation deal with only DHCP and DNS, none with DCs and NPSs. What's up with this, MS? What actually can you do from IPAM regarding DC and NPS???

Thanks!

Monday, November 11, 2019 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Thanks for your posting here.

According to Microsoft official document, IPAM monitors domain controllers and NPS servers for IP address tracking purposes.

For your reference:

IP Address Management (IPAM) Overview

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:46 AM
  • What does this mean? All the options are for DHCP and DNS...nothing for remaining 2...There are not mentioned in the official MS papers...
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:47 PM
  • Hi ,

>>According to Microsoft official document, IPAM monitors domain controllers and NPS servers for IP address tracking purposes.

Based on my understanding, IP Address Management (IPAM) is mainly used for managing the DNS and DHCP systems for the network. 

For DC and NPS in IPAM, we can collect logon event for IP address tracking.

IPAM can collect user and machine authentication events from DCs and NPS servers. IPAM stores this data in its database.

For your reference:

Manually Configure DC and NPS Access Settings

IP Address Tracking

Hope this can help you understand better, if you have anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:48 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Candy

Monday, November 18, 2019 1:38 AM
  • Hi ,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Candy

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi,

I need some more specifics. 

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 4:41 PM
  • Hi ,

I did not find any official document talking deeper about it.

If you want to know on a deeper level, I would suggest you open a case with Microsoft so that you would get a more satisfying explanation to this question.

Here is the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Best Regards,

Candy

Thursday, November 28, 2019 1:54 AM