none
RemoteApp programs do not appear on RD Web Access

Question

• Hi,

I can not see Remote applications published on my RemoteApp server via RD Web Access.

I have 2 RemoteApp servers (rapp1 and rapp2)

appplications from app2 are accessible in RD Web Access, but not from app1.

Both app1 and app2 servers are members of Broker Connection farm and both have RD Web Access server added to TS Web Access Computers group.

I've made sure that published applications have "RemoteApp program is available through RD Web Access" enabled.

In RD Web Access->Configuration I selected source: "An RD Connection Broker server"

For testing purposes if I select "One or more RemoteApp sources" I can successfully connect to rapp2 server and see applications published on it, but when I try to connect to rapp1 I get:

RD Web Access was not able to access rapp1. Verify that the RD Session Host server name was entered correctly, that the server is running and connected to the network, and then try again.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please provide me the below details?

What is the remote app source configured on the connection broker? configure it as farm if not already set.

Members of the TS Web access servers group on the RD Connection broker? add RDWA server.

Add connection broker to the TS Web access servers group on the RDSH servers.

Naresh Negi (MSFT - Windows Performance Team)
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:24 AM
  • Hey,

remote app source is configured as farm.

TS Web access and RD Connection broker are on the same server, do I still need to add it to the TS Web access servers group?

Same as above connection broker is already on TS Web access server group on the RDSH server because it hosts TS Web Access

Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:21 PM
  • Aurimas,

Is this still a problem? If so, I can help. Let me know. Thanks!

Hope this helps,

Kristin L. Griffin

SUPER BIG fan of the Remote Desktop Virtualization Team!!!) 

My RDS blog: blog.kristinlgriffin.com

The new Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services Resource Kit is now available!
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:15 PM
  • Yes it is still a problem.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:34 AM
  • Q: TS Web access and RD Connection broker are on the same server, do I still need to add it to the TS Web access servers group?

A: Yes. Just because role services are located on the same machine, you still need to set it up the same way you normally would.  Wherever you need to add a server to group etc. just use the same server name since the role serivces are located on the same machine.

Also, this blog entry may be helpful to you: http://blog.kristinlgriffin.com/2010/03/rd-web-access-is-emply.html

Also, do you have any events of internest in the app or system event logs and also look in: apps and services\microsoft\windows\terminal services-sessionbroker

Hope this helps,

Kristin L. Griffin

SUPER BIG fan of the Remote Desktop Virtualization Team!!!) 

My RDS blog: blog.kristinlgriffin.com

The new Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services Resource Kit is now available!
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:51 PM