none
Windows NPS radius RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to configure authentication in wifi via NPS, I encountered the fact that the request processing stops at <Packet-Type data_type = "0"> 11 </Packet-Type> - Access-Challenge, full connection log:

<Event><Timestamp data_type="4">12/06/2019 15:33:33.326</Timestamp><Computer-Name data_type="1">AD-TEST</Computer-Name><Event-Source data_type="1">IAS</Event-Source><User-Name data_type="1">lab\user</User-Name><NAS-IP-Address data_type="3">127.0.0.1</NAS-IP-Address><NAS-Port data_type="0">0</NAS-Port><Called-Station-Id data_type="1">BE-CB-4F-42-99-CD:test</Called-Station-Id><Calling-Station-Id data_type="1">80-2B-F9-8B-05-67</Calling-Station-Id><Framed-MTU data_type="0">1400</Framed-MTU><NAS-Port-Type data_type="0">19</NAS-Port-Type><Connect-Info data_type="1">CONNECT 0Mbps 802.11b</Connect-Info><Client-IP-Address data_type="3">172.16.128.3</Client-IP-Address><Client-Vendor data_type="0">0</Client-Vendor><Client-Friendly-Name data_type="1">ap3</Client-Friendly-Name><Proxy-Policy-Name data_type="1">Безопасные беспроводные подключения1</Proxy-Policy-Name><Provider-Type data_type="0">1</Provider-Type><SAM-Account-Name data_type="1">LAB\user</SAM-Account-Name><Fully-Qualifed-User-Name data_type="1">LAB\user</Fully-Qualifed-User-Name><Class data_type="1">311 1 192.168.0.8 12/06/2019 07:22:17 109</Class><Authentication-Type data_type="0">5</Authentication-Type><NP-Policy-Name data_type="1">Безопасные беспроводные подключения1</NP-Policy-Name><Quarantine-Update-Non-Compliant data_type="0">1</Quarantine-Update-Non-Compliant><Packet-Type data_type="0">1</Packet-Type><Reason-Code data_type="0">0</Reason-Code></Event>
    <Event><Timestamp data_type="4">12/06/2019 15:33:33.326</Timestamp><Computer-Name data_type="1">AD-TEST</Computer-Name><Event-Source data_type="1">IAS</Event-Source><Class data_type="1">311 1 192.168.0.8 12/06/2019 07:22:17 109</Class><Session-Timeout data_type="0">30</Session-Timeout><Quarantine-Update-Non-Compliant data_type="0">1</Quarantine-Update-Non-Compliant><Client-IP-Address data_type="3">172.16.128.3</Client-IP-Address><Client-Vendor data_type="0">0</Client-Vendor><Client-Friendly-Name data_type="1">ap3</Client-Friendly-Name><Proxy-Policy-Name data_type="1">Безопасные беспроводные подключения1</Proxy-Policy-Name><Provider-Type data_type="0">1</Provider-Type><SAM-Account-Name data_type="1">LAB\user</SAM-Account-Name><Fully-Qualifed-User-Name data_type="1">LAB\user</Fully-Qualifed-User-Name><Authentication-Type data_type="0">5</Authentication-Type><NP-Policy-Name data_type="1">Безопасные беспроводные подключения1</NP-Policy-Name><Packet-Type data_type="0">11</Packet-Type><Reason-Code data_type="0">0</Reason-Code></Event>

Then nothing happens, the computer does not connect to wifi.

I use EAP(PEAP), windows server 2012r2 (active directory, local server sertification, NPS - radius), client windows 10.

Wifi access point Zyxel (Nebula)

• Добавить в Словарь
      • Новый список слов для Английский (США) -> Русский...
      • Создать новый список слов...
    • Копировать

• Edited by Denis-kg Friday, December 6, 2019 9:58 AM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Hi,

>>Wifi access point Zyxel (Nebula)

• Добавить в Словарь
      • Новый список слов для Английский (США) -> Русский...
      • Создать новый список слов...
    • Копировать

The forum you posted in is for English only, please post back your issue in English so that we could help you better.  

Is there any error code in the event log?

Please refer the following link about how to configure WIFI authentication with windows NPS:

https://shyju.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/wifi-authentication-with-windows-nps/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

I use user authentification, without a computer or user centrificate, we use the username and password of the user created in active directory.

Problem:

<Packet-Type data_type = "0"> 11 </Packet-Type>

11 = Access-Challenge

Monday, December 9, 2019 9:53 AM
  • i am sorry, I was inattentive, my network uses two gateways, one primary, the second backup 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2, all the tests we run on 192.168.0.2, and unfortunately I did the wrong network settings on the test server NPS. It turned out pretty stupid, I'm sorry that I spent your time.
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? Please let us know if you would like further help.

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Hi,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Thursday, December 12, 2019 8:57 AM