none
How to verify results of ipconfig /flusgdns results? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using ipconfig /flushdns in my script, after changing the DNS settings for the server. But after running the script when I am running the command ipconfig /diplaydns, I can still see a few entries there.

Is there a way to verify if the DNS has been flushed successfully? Please suggest.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 8:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your posting in this forum.

You may try to execute ipconfig/displaydns before ipconfig/flushdns, then compare it with the results.

In addition, " I can see still a few entries there" -->What effect do these entries have on your computer?

If no, it doesn't matter.

Best regards,

Abby

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 2, 2019 1:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your posting in this forum.

You may try to execute ipconfig/displaydns before ipconfig/flushdns, then compare it with the results.

In addition, " I can see still a few entries there" -->What effect do these entries have on your computer?

If no, it doesn't matter.

Best regards,

Abby

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 2, 2019 1:01 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply is helpful to you.

If you have further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Abby

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Abby

Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:13 AM