none
Remote Desktop Connection Closes Randomly RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Remote Desktop Connection to connect to a Windows Server 2019 VPS from my Windows 10 laptop and it randomly closes, sometimes while I'm using it. To put this in perspective, I have not closed it one out of the 10 last times it closed. It closes by itself and I have to reopen many times a day. Usually it is while I have it minimized and I am doing something on my laptop. Sometimes it's while I am actually working in the server. It does not log me out. All of the processes that are taking place on the server continue, but I have to open up Remote Desktop again and login to the server again. It is extremely time consuming and frustrating!
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:27 PM

All replies

• HI
    "I am using Remote Desktop Connection to connect to a Windows Server 2019 VPS from my Windows 10 laptop and it randomly closes,"
    1 when the window of remote desktop connection close automatically ,is there any error message ?
    2 Have you enabled "automatic reconnection" on your RDSH W2019 or on your remote desktop connection app ?
    (if you enable ,by default,a maximum of 20 reconnection attempts are made at 5 second intervals.)
    3 can you enter winver in command prompt on win10 computer and w2019 then look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]
    4 Please check the symptom in a clean boot (refer to windows 10 steps) environment if it is possible.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
    5 is your Windows Server 2019 VPS in azure cloud or other cloud ?
    6 is your win10 and session host w2019 in the same AD domain?
    7 can you start network monitor to capture data packet about your issue ?
      is your issue cause by network unstable ?
    8 did you config"select RDP transport protocals" on w2019 ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, September 7, 2019 2:39 PM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:44 PM
  • HI
    Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Friday, September 13, 2019 12:16 AM
  • seeing the same... super frustrating...<audio controls="controls" style="display:none;"></audio>
    Monday, October 14, 2019 10:40 PM