none
system health validator settings dialog box not responding in server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have installed a new copy of 2008R2 server enterprise and I am trying to test out NPS with NAP in a lab environment.  I am following the document "Step By Step Guide: Demonstrate DHCP NAP Enforcement in a Test Lab" from MS.  I have this machine setup as the AD DS primary, DNS, DHCP, and NPS.  DNS/DHCP work.  All updates have been installed.  This is a fresh copy of 2008 R2.

When I am in the Server Manager and navigate to edit a "system health validator" It shows the "default configuration" 0.  When I click on this nothing happens.  The dialog box will not display.  When I try to make a new SHV nothing happens and it does not show up in the list. 

Basically everything else works fine, but the dialog box to edit the SHV's wont display.  I have formatted and installed twice and still this problem occurs.  Its like the program that handles the dialog box isn't installed.

I have been trying to search to find an 'alternative' method to editing the SHV's and cant seem to find one.  Is there a fix for this problem, or does anyone know a quick way to edit a SHV? 

Saturday, August 7, 2010 9:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Here is the quick way to edit the SHVs:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732528(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_15

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:43 AM
  • Have you installed the .net 4.0 in your machine? if yes, you can try to uninstall the .net 4.0 and try it again.

Sorry. My posting is my personal suggestion, Microsoft won't take any responsibilities for my posting. But I am more than happy to try my best to help you.
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 7:43 PM
  • I'm having the exact same problem one two  20080 R2 NAP servers. Has anyone found out why the Default Configuration will not open? The link to the commands does not really give me the commands I need to enable or disable the optons available in the Default Configuration.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:47 PM
  • @Rdoss: uninstall .net 4 framework, had same issue and that fixed it.
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 11:06 AM
  • I also had the same issue i was unable to open or see the properties of the Windows Security Health Validator.
    After uninstalling .NET 4 framework i am able again to edit the system and enable or disable health policy's in the NPS node.

However i am not sure how uninstalling .NET 4 framework will influence the functionality on the 2008 R2 server.
    Are there any consequences to uninstalling .NET 4 framework?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:43 PM
  • I had the same issue too, and uninstalling .net 4 fixed the issue of not seeting the property dialog box of the Windows Security Health Validator

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:59 PM