none
DFSR Console issue RRS feed

• Question

• HI Team,

I have 2 Windows Server 2012R2 servers in 2 different domains, same forest, running DFSR with replication groups.  One is in USA and the other in China.  They work great...!  Every year I create a new replication group to share the 1 folder between site and archive\remove the older year.  December I did this again but didn't put into the NameSpace so user's didn't see it yet.  I took a few days off at New Years so my new colleague tried to make the 2020 folder.  :(

My colleague made a 2020 global folder and put it somewhere into the servername\DFSRoot\dfs\xyz…… somewhere in here.  It was like a virtual folder in the DFS of only 1 server.  I deleted that folder.

I then added the 2020 folder to NameSpace and all was fine, I though.

I see replication working fine.

Now on that server I deleted the folder, when I load DFS Management, I no longer see the Replication opinion below Namespaces. When I load an MMC and add the DFS Management snapin, I can see the Replication windows, but it crashes when I click on it.

Any thought on how to fix this...?

Thanks, Tom...

Tom Karpowski...

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:32 PM

Answers

• You might try clearing out the cache

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Tom Karpowski Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:33 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:58 PM