My Server 2012 R2 Windows Phone App now available! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, All,

Greetings!  I am very pleased to announce that the My Server 2012 R2 Windows Phone App has been published to Windows Phone Store. This version is targeted to work with the new released Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials and the Windows Server Essentials Experience server role in Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard & Datacenter. To try out the new version, search ‘My Server 2012 R2’ from your windows phone and install it. Let team know if you have any feedback on this app.

Thanks,

Windows Server Essentials Team

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for providing the release information about this APP. Anyone who needs this can download it from Windows Phone Store. Thanks again for your hard work.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:43 AM
  • Thanks for this great app: it works like a charm!

I have a question, though: when streaming music from my server, I switched to the start screen to launch another app and the streaming stopped instantly. Is it by design? No possibility ot keep music streaming in the background?

Looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,

Philippe

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:19 PM
  • Hi, can I jsut ask, does this work on Enterprise versions of Server 2012 R2 as well or just with the Essentials version?
    Friday, November 15, 2013 1:44 PM
  • The app no longer plays WMA Lossless media correctly now.  Most stop around 3-5 seconds into the song.  The previous version for Server Essentials 2012 did not have this problem.  Also the songs by album are displayed alphabetically.  It would make more sense to display them by track number.

Thank you.

• Edited by JeffRusso Friday, November 15, 2013 4:22 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 4:17 PM
  • Yes, it does. What you need to do is just to install the Windows Server Essentials Experience role and you will be able to connect to your server from this app.
    Monday, November 18, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Great option guys! Now I can REALLY centralize my media without reliance on third party products.

For Phone App, it's great to have it but it seems to be lacking in UX. i.e. there is no option to start slideshow or even go from one photo to next in the list. It's very inconvenient to go from one photo to next by backing out to the list and clicking on next photo.

Another feature I would love to have is integration on Photo/Video/Music hub. That way I don't have to explicitly launch app to access my music/photo/videos.

Keep up good work and I hope to see much more functionality and tighter integration in future updates.

Bhargav Shukla | Director Product Research & Innovation | Exchange Server TechCenter | Microsoft Exchange Team Blog | My Threads | My Blog RSS

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:25 PM
  • Great app.

Is there any way to change the tile sizes?  Even on a 22inch screen, I have to scroll to the right.  Each tile is taking up too much real estate on the screen.

Thanks

Thanks, Tim

Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:55 PM
  • I am having difficulties getting the My Server app working. I have a newly set-up Windows Server R2 2012 with the Essentials Pack.

- I obtained certificates from CACert.org

- installed root and intermediate cert of CACert in Windows server

- trusted CACert root and intermediate cert on Windows 8.1

- accessing the server via a browser works fine without any certificate errors

- My Server app complains that the cert is untrusted and does not connect

- I deleted the domain name and added it again... but it did not work either. Am I missing something ?

<object cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width:0px;height:0px;display:block;" type="cosymantecnisbfw"></object>
    Monday, April 14, 2014 5:43 PM
  • I have Server 2012 R2 with Essentials role enabled, i installed MyServer 2012 R2 on Windows 8.1, when i play music it crashes & goes back to app home screen, any help would be appreciated.

i can play my music on web fine, just the app is causing issues.

Thanks

Raghu

Raghu

Saturday, May 3, 2014 7:14 PM
  • Love this app! Just wish the Windows 8 App worked as well.

Alistair

Sunday, May 11, 2014 10:15 AM