none
The user Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. RRS feed

• Question

• Only new users I create in Active Directory face this problem. Users created before have no problem.
    Heres how my system is setup. I use redirection policy for Destop and MyDocuments folder to gather all in one network share.
    The user profile is also setup to be located in same folder.
    So while I needed to copy over to user folders some files I took ownership of user folders. Redirection policy otherwise want let even Administrator access user folder.
    So maybe I messed something up here. I granted each user back their rights. And the old users can still login correctly and see their files.
    But when I create new user I get user profile error. The same error appears creating the local user (this tells me that it cant be related to folder redirection and profile location in different share).

In event log I get 4 errors for each login attempt with new user:

1508 ID Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The configuration registry database is corrupt. for C:\Users\xxxxxxx\ntuser.dat

Then TEMP profile error - 1511, registry loading error - 1508  and finally error -

ID 1500 Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly.

DETAIL - The configuration registry database is corrupt.

There's no folder created for new user in Documents and Settings folder and the registry also does not have no key for new user under profilelist.

I have no out of disk space problem. Theres plenty of room.

The system I have is Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

I found on web that I should throw out server from Domain and then register it back in. Would that do some magic. My question is can this actually have any other impact on system I dont want to happen. Is it safe to do so?

It cant be that default ntuser.dat is corrupted. All other users are working fine. Actually I dont see this file anywhere. I have hidden files view enabled.  Is folder redirection policy playin some role here?

Any help and ideas welcome.

Sunday, October 4, 2015 8:28 AM

Answers

• I did not configure RegisrtySizeLimit. But one thing is correct login attempt was not able to write/create user profile in registry. 
    So I went and I did the simple thing. I took the ntuser.dat file for Default user from virtual machine (same op.system) in my enviroment and replaced it in server Default user folder. Everything is back to normal now. Hope it helps someone in the way. The default user ntuser.dat was corrupt in main machine. 

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

For starters log on to the machine on which you are facing this problem as an administrator.

Delete the problematic profile data from C:\users.

Also you can delete the associated registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

Reboot the system

Then try logging in with that user 

If you find this helpful, kindly mark as answer. If you have any queries, please post back as a reply. Will look forward to your feedback. Thanking You Soumyajyoti Biswas

Sunday, October 4, 2015 8:38 AM
  • Theres is no profile for new user  in C:\Users and theres also no associated registry key for that user
    or any new user I create in system. I am talking about Active Directory users.

The user is nicely present in activ directory.

And the error starts for new users from first login attempt.

I deleted user from active directory and recreated it - same problem.

Sunday, October 4, 2015 9:35 AM
  • It seems to me that the login attempt was not able to write/create user profile in registry. Have you ever configured the RegistrySizeLimit key to limit the amount of memory and disk space that the registry can consume?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:47 AM
  • I did not configure RegisrtySizeLimit. But one thing is correct login attempt was not able to write/create user profile in registry. 
    So I went and I did the simple thing. I took the ntuser.dat file for Default user from virtual machine (same op.system) in my enviroment and replaced it in server Default user folder. Everything is back to normal now. Hope it helps someone in the way. The default user ntuser.dat was corrupt in main machine. 

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:47 AM