Where is RDP-tcp properties? RRS feed

• Question

• We limit who can access RDP on Server 2003 and Server 2008 through active directory groups.  We apply these groups in 2008 through start -> administration tools -> remote desktop services -> remote desktop session host configuration.  Then you would right click -> properties on the RDP-tcp connection.  From there you would choose the security tab and enter the AD groups you wanted to have access rights. 

For the life of me, I cannot find this anywhere in Server 2012.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:43 PM

Answers

• RDS Controls access using the the Local Group "Remote Desktop Users" by default.

You can add active directory security groups to this group with the local users and groups mmc (lusrmgr.msc) or by changing/adding user groups to the collectíon in server manager as in the screenshot below.

Hope this helps you out!

MCT MCSE: Private Cloud/Server, Desktop Infrastructure

Sunday, March 3, 2013 7:18 PM

All replies

• RDS Controls access using the the Local Group "Remote Desktop Users" by default.

You can add active directory security groups to this group with the local users and groups mmc (lusrmgr.msc) or by changing/adding user groups to the collectíon in server manager as in the screenshot below.

Hope this helps you out!

MCT MCSE: Private Cloud/Server, Desktop Infrastructure

Sunday, March 3, 2013 7:18 PM
  • Well hidden ! Many Thanks - And where can we find RDP remote session control (to share session screen with the user ?)

Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:33 PM
  • I use "remote desktop session host configuration" on the win7 / server 2008r2 and then connect to ... (server 2012 / 2012R2)

after that I can set up RDP-tcp 8.0

Big question where this tool in windows 2012 / 2012R2...
    • Edited by Alex_KV Sunday, December 15, 2013 5:07 PM
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 5:06 PM
  • I tried logging into the 2008R2 server, then as you mentioned, it is not allowing me to remote into 2012R2 server.
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 8:22 PM
  • You posted to a stream that was answered almost three years ago and you do not describe your problem.  Please open a new post and provide a detailed description of your environment, how you have configured your system, and what sort of errors you are seeing.

. : | : . : | : . tim

Thursday, February 4, 2016 11:02 PM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem on Windows 2012 - no "remote desktop session host configuration" tool. Adding security groups to local "Remote Desktop Users" group does not solve the issue.

Imagine you have 2 RDS Services - listener protocols:

RDP-tcp listener - a Microsoft one

ICA-tcp listener - a Citrx one

Both listeners use the same RDS services. In some situations we want some users to use only ICA listener and not RDP listener. This was possible to setup such security on RDP or ICA listener security Tab in  "remote desktop session host configuration" tool - not anymore. If you add anyone to The question is where we can change such security on Windows 2012 ?

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:36 AM
  • Have the same problem. With Citrix this is quite important.

Where I can modify ICA-tcp listener ?

previously there was tsconfig.mcs console (Windows 2008) and tscc.msc (Windows 2003), now I can see only option is edit registry manually, which is moving us to medieval ages. We need Gui for that.

Friday, March 9, 2018 10:54 AM