none
How to configure/switching between two monitors, dual monitors, etc..

Question

• Hi All,

I have an IBM Thinkpad T60P laptop with Windows Vista 64-bit.  Recently, I wiped out every thing on my laptop and installed the new Windows 2008 standard server.  Every thing went okay, except that now I cannot switching between monitors any more.

When I come to work, I snap my laptop into a docking station, and I can see every thing on the monitor that connects to the docking station, but can NOT see any thing on the laptop monitor.  I cannot switching between the two monitors any more.

The same thing happens when I come to the meeting room and connect the projector to my laptop.  I can only see the project monitor, but my laptop monitor is blacken.  I keep trying to press the fnc-F7 key to switch to view both monitors, but it does not work any more.

Please help...

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, February 07, 2008 10:12 PM

Answers

• Go out to the Lenovo web site and download the Vista driver for you machine.  Install that on Windows Server 2008.  I'm running on a Lenovo T61p and it works fine.  I would also suggest that if you plan on using this your regular use laptop that you also install the Desktop Experience.

tgc

Friday, February 08, 2008 3:07 AM

All replies

• Go out to the Lenovo web site and download the Vista driver for you machine.  Install that on Windows Server 2008.  I'm running on a Lenovo T61p and it works fine.  I would also suggest that if you plan on using this your regular use laptop that you also install the Desktop Experience.

tgc

Friday, February 08, 2008 3:07 AM
  • Thanks.  I was reluctant to install Vista driver on Windows 2008.  But I guess it is okay, and I have no other choice...

Monday, February 11, 2008 1:41 AM
  • I have a problem when using ThinkVantage Key. I installed the software but when I press the ThinkVantage Key, the window doesn't appear. Do you have the same problem?

Thursday, April 03, 2008 3:29 PM
  • Sorry, I never installed the ThinkVantage software.

tgc

Friday, April 04, 2008 12:33 AM