none
WDS ERROR RRS feed

• Question

• HI EVERY BODY

I HAVE WDS SERVER 2012 IT WORK WELL BUT

WHEN I ADD INSTALL IMAGE RELATED TO WINDOWS 8 (FROM ISO OR FROM DVD  OR FROM SYSPREP )

SOTPP IN WORK  AND GIVE TAHT ERROR

"The service did not respond to the start or control request in timely fashion"

IF I ADD INSTALL IMAGE RELATED TO WINDOWS 7 (FROM ISO OR FROM DVD  OR FROM SYSPREP )  WORK WITH NO ERROR  

• Edited by 30371 Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:43 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:39 AM

All replies

• Please remove the CAPS.

If you don't fix your username and/or post format it will be assumed that this is a spam test.

Regards,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:37 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

How did you get the Windows 8 installation ISO?

Make sure you download it from Microsoft official website or brought it with a valid way. 

Here is step by step troubleshooting measure, please check if it works on your side. 

MICROSOFT WDS ERROR "THE SERVICE DID NOT RESPOND TO THE START OR CONTROL REQUEST IN A TIMELY FASHION"

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:44 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:38 AM