none
Device not getting lease from DHCP server RRS feed

• Question

• We have a device,  Wireless AP thats not getting a DHCP lease. I have others that will and other devices on that port will. It may be a device issue but the wireshark shows the request go out and get nothing back from the DHCP server. I found some logs but it doesn't show anything I can find related to this nor can I find any way of finding in the log any information by the scope ID or etc. is there anywhere else on the DHCP server I can look?

Jason

Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:53 PM

All replies

• If this is new device that has never been configured with a static address you might have to connect to the console port to see the boot up process or where it's failing. I had to do that recently with a Cisco AP with WLC.
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:14 PM
  • We found the DHCP server was issuing the same IP to 2 different devices. Not sure how but a reboot seemed to fix it

Jason

Friday, November 22, 2019 1:42 PM
  • Hi Jason, 

>>Not sure how but a reboot seemed to fix it

Did you mean that everything works fine now? 

If yes ,please pay more attention to this issue in the future, if any further help is necessary for this issue, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, November 25, 2019 2:37 AM