none
How to Launch a Application from RDP

Question

• Hello i want to know how can i launch a application through RDP server so that application should give a feel that it is running locally on client Thanks

Rupesh Shukla
    Monday, March 29, 2010 4:34 AM

Answers

• You can specify an application to be launched when the Terminal Session is created, in this case a client will see a terminal session with that application only, I mean there will not be an explorer shell, but it is not the same as RemoteApp.
    (User Properties > Environment tab > Start the following programm at logon )

Or you can install Citrix XenApp (Presentation Server) on your Windows 2003 box, in this case you can get a full functionality of delivered application (the app will runn on the server but for the user it will look like the app is running on the local machine)

сила в справедливости

I already described how you can achieve this. Maybe you are a bit confused with the termins. RDP is a protocol, RDP client is the client used to connect to the terminal server. Terminal server can be called any machnie to which you are connecting, for example if you are connecting to the Windows XP machine over RDP protocol, using RDP client, in this case that Windows XP PC acts as a Terminal Server.

Or there can be a dedicated Terminal Services Server, which can handle lots of connections and can manage those connections.

сила в справедливости
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In order to achieve this you need TS RemoteApp

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753844%28WS.10%29.aspx

It is supported in Windows 2008 and 2008 R2

сила в справедливости
    Monday, March 29, 2010 7:52 AM
  • You can specify an application to be launched when the Terminal Session is created, in this case a client will see a terminal session with that application only, I mean there will not be an explorer shell, but it is not the same as RemoteApp.

Or you can install Citrix XenApp (Presentation Server) on your Windows 2003 box, in this case you can get a full functionality of delivered application (the app will runn on the server but for the user it will look like the app is running on the local machine)

сила в справедливости
    Monday, March 29, 2010 4:31 PM
  • Its not like window server 2003 or 2008 it's RDP there is no terminal server in the picture.

Thanks 

Rupesh Shukla
    Monday, March 29, 2010 5:23 PM
  • I am sorry Rupesh, but I cannot understand your task. Could you please explain what exactly you want to achieve?

сила в справедливости
    Monday, March 29, 2010 5:36 PM

сила в справедливости

I already described how you can achieve this. Maybe you are a bit confused with the termins. RDP is a protocol, RDP client is the client used to connect to the terminal server. Terminal server can be called any machnie to which you are connecting, for example if you are connecting to the Windows XP machine over RDP protocol, using RDP client, in this case that Windows XP PC acts as a Terminal Server.

Or there can be a dedicated Terminal Services Server, which can handle lots of connections and can manage those connections.

сила в справедливости
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:04 PM