none
GPO Preferences - How to change order of Drive Maps

Question

• We have created a GPO to map drives for our users utlizing the GPO Preferences Drive Maps functionality. Everything is working great, we have about 20 drive maps. However, I would like to change the order of the drive maps, but when I right-click a drive map, select All Tasks, the options to Move Up / Move Down are greyed out. What gives?
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:07 PM

Answers

• Which OS are you using?
    I do not see a "All task" context menu when clicking on a drive map in Windows 2008....

Anyway, what about using the green up and down arrows located on the right corner of the toolbar?
    Patrick
    • Marked as answer by jeff5000 Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:29 PM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:13 PM

All replies

• Which OS are you using?
    I do not see a "All task" context menu when clicking on a drive map in Windows 2008....

Anyway, what about using the green up and down arrows located on the right corner of the toolbar?
    Patrick
    • Marked as answer by jeff5000 Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:29 PM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:13 PM
  • Yep, the green up and down arrows work. I am running the Windows 7 RSAT tools (on Windows 7). I will check GPMC on W2K8 to see if there is a difference in the context menus.

Thank you! 
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:30 PM
  • Hi,

Windows Server 2008 doesn’t have All Task menu. Based on my test, in Windows Server 2008 R2, in the following two situations, the Move Up/Move Down buttons are greyed out:

1.    If the item are in the middle, not the first one and not the last one. We can only use Green button to move up/down. I will report this problem to product team. If there is any update, I will post here. 
    2.    If multiple items are selected. We cannot use Green button to move up/down.

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:22 AM