none
GPO Import not resolving global security group

Question

• Hi

I've created a GPO(Test GPO) in a development environment which includes applying file permissions via a global security group(GSG Test Import) however when i try to import the policy to the live environment(Same domain name) which has the the same global security group already created i get an EM:-

"[Warning] The security principal[GSG Test Import@domain.com] cannot be resolved. The task will continue; however there may be unresolved security principals in the destination GPO."

When i look at the the permissions applied to this file the GSG appears as a SID instead GSG Test Import.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Monday, March 22, 2010 11:51 AM

Answers

• I've resolved this by using a mig table. Both source and destination names must be the same, you cannot use <Same As Source> for the destination name.

Thanks

Monday, March 22, 2010 2:00 PM

All replies

• The group will have a different SID in the test domain, you will need to import the security group from the new domain into the ACLs
    Monday, March 22, 2010 1:23 PM
  • I've resolved this by using a mig table. Both source and destination names must be the same, you cannot use <Same As Source> for the destination name.

Thanks

Monday, March 22, 2010 2:00 PM