none
Windows Server 2012 Standard CALs

Pregunta

• I am new in Windows Server 2012, I understand that I don't have to install the CALs in the software,  I have a paper with the serial number for each CAL package, If I don't need to install it, how Microsoft know that I have this CALs for this Windows Server Software in particular and how they apply this CALs to my server. Thank you in advance.

Jose

martes, 05 de febrero de 2013 2:14

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I would recommend that you contact the MS Activation Center. They are the best resources for such issue.

Microsoft Volume Licensing Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.aspx

Best Regards,

Aiden

Aiden Cao
    TechNet Community Support

jueves, 07 de febrero de 2013 3:45
    Moderador
  • do you mean for Server CALs or RDS/TS CALs ?

For Server CALs, MS don't know, and they don't apply them to your server.

It's like a car driver's license - you are legally required to have a license but it is not actually needed to drive the car - but you must have one, and law enforcement/police may inspect your license at any random time.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

jueves, 07 de febrero de 2013 8:01
  • CALs are paper, not software.

do you mean for Server CALs or RDS/TS CALs ?

For Server CALs, MS don't know, and they don't apply them to your server.

It's like a car driver's license - you are legally required to have a license but it is not actually needed to drive the car - but you must have one, and law enforcement/police may inspect your license at any random time.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tomás Mason
    sábado, 16 de marzo de 2013 10:05