none
Routing and remote access logging to SQL server

Question

• Hi!

I am in the process of trying to set up SQL logging from routing and remote access on a windows server 2003 to another windows server 2003 which is running microsoft SQL server 2005.

What i did was i created a database named RRAS in the sql server and in routing and remote access i went under remote access logging and configured it, when i press "test connection" it says its successful. and when i check the local logfile i successfully configured i can see my connection attempts towards the RRAS. but in the sql database there's nothing, no tables or anything.

I am sure i have the right permissions going on since i have only been using one account for everything so far(created the rras and the sql database), the SQL server is operational(it has a myriad of other databases that are used on a dailybasis).

So i am wondering what component is missing? do i need to create the tables manually, is there a guide that tells me how to do that?

jeudi 23 février 2012 08:33

Réponses

•  

Hi Plindgren,

Thanks for update.

RRAS can only record its logs into a local file . IAS will help to record into SQL server and provide interface for connection to it.

Please take time to read the articles we provided in order to get a better understanding.

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marqué comme réponse Plindgren lundi 27 février 2012 15:47
    lundi 27 février 2012 09:50

Toutes les réponses

•  

Hi Plindgren,

Thanks for posting here.

May in know which fields we’ve created for this table ?

Please take look the link below and recheck the database settings:

Key concepts for IAS SQL Server logging

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778830(WS.10).aspx

For more information please also refer to the link below:

Deploying SQL Server Logging with Windows Server 2003 Internet Authentication Service (IAS)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc776712(WS.10).aspx

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

• Proposé comme réponse Tiger Li lundi 27 février 2012 09:50
    vendredi 24 février 2012 07:18
  • So you do need to make the tables "manually"?

will that script that is in "key concepts for IAS SQL server logging" work for RRAS sql logging?

vendredi 24 février 2012 08:50
  •  

Hi Plindgren,

Thanks for update.

RRAS can only record its logs into a local file . IAS will help to record into SQL server and provide interface for connection to it.

Please take time to read the articles we provided in order to get a better understanding.

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

• Marqué comme réponse Plindgren lundi 27 février 2012 15:47
    lundi 27 février 2012 09:50
  • Hi,

I am using RRAS 5.2. In Network Policy Server -> Accounting I can see SQL Server Logging Properties on the right hand side.

I create a database on nw, with configure button I choose server then db.

It looks like RRAS doesn't writing anything to SQL. Do I have to do anything else ?

jeudi 13 novembre 2014 12:07