Terminal Server - pre logon 30sec disconnection

• Hello, I have seem multiple questions similar to mine, but not quite what I'm looking for.

I have a Server 2008 & Server 2008 R2 as Terminal servers. Thin clients connect to them, either re-purposed hardware or HP thin clients can connect to them. The issue is that they all disconnect from the logon screen after 30-40 seconds. The thin clients will go into a classroom/lab environment and we can't have 40 pc's flickering the logon screen.

This is what I have tried with no results.

On the right hand side you will see the MaxDisconnectionTime Dword (if the
    policy is already set). We can change the value for this MaxDisconnectionTime
    as follows:
    For one minute, set it to 60000
    For three hours, set this to 10800000

-Create DWORD

-Name: LogonTimeout (DWORD)

-Value: Specifies
    the time in seconds – Decimal Value – 300. Hex - (12c)its 5 minutes. - 3600.
    Hex (e10) is 1hr

-Please reboot the server after adding the above key

12 Juni 2012 13:59

• Hi,

Is there any error message showing up at thin client side? Please check the event viewer to see if there is any error log related to this issue on both server and client side.

Please also verify that you have not limit the amount of time of session through group policy.

Configure Timeout and Reconnection Settings for Remote Desktop Services Sessions

In addition, you may following the below KB article to troubleshoot the Remote Desktop connectivity issue.

Remote Desktop disconnected or can’t connect to remote computer or to Remote Desktop server (Terminal Server) that is running Windows Server 2008 R2;en-US;2477176

Best Regards,

Aiden Cao

TechNet Community Support

14 Juni 2012 6:07