migrate standalone (non ad-integrated) DNS servers DNS zones from 2012 r2 servers to 2019 servers RRS feed

回答

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Based on my research, please refer to the following link regarding of "Migrating roles and features in Windows Server".

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/migrate-roles-and-features

This page contains links to information and tools that help guide you through the process of migrating roles and features to a newer version of Windows Server. You can migrate file servers and storage using Storage Migration Service, while many other roles and features can be migrated by using the Windows Server Migration Tools.

Meanwhile, I noticed that the guidance you provided was also involved in above article. I recommend that you can try to follow the details steps in guidance you posted to migrate DNS server from 2012 R2 to 2019.

If the guidance doesn't apply to your situation, please kindly check if the methods in the following link is useful for you.

https://blog.workinghardinit.work/2016/11/28/easily-migrating-non-ad-integrated-dns-servers-while-preserving-server-names-and-ip-addresses/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

This "IPAM, DHCP, DNS" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

Hope my answer will help you. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Sunny

"IPAM, DHCP, DNS" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "IPAM, DHCP, DNS"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• 編集済み Sunny Qi 2020 2020年7月23日 7:24
    • 回答としてマーク iconoclast88 2020年7月23日 17:00
    • 回答としてマークされていない iconoclast88 2020年7月23日 17:00
    • 回答の候補に設定 Sunny Qi 2020 2020年7月29日 9:43
    • 回答としてマーク iconoclast88 2020年7月29日 13:02
    2020年7月23日 7:22

すべての返信

• Hi,

glancing over the old guide, I would expect it to work in your scenario as well. At least if no new features like e.g. signing were used in 2012R2.

Evgenij Smirnov

http://evgenij.smirnov.de

2020年7月22日 15:52
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Based on my research, please refer to the following link regarding of "Migrating roles and features in Windows Server".

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/migrate-roles-and-features

This page contains links to information and tools that help guide you through the process of migrating roles and features to a newer version of Windows Server. You can migrate file servers and storage using Storage Migration Service, while many other roles and features can be migrated by using the Windows Server Migration Tools.

Meanwhile, I noticed that the guidance you provided was also involved in above article. I recommend that you can try to follow the details steps in guidance you posted to migrate DNS server from 2012 R2 to 2019.

If the guidance doesn't apply to your situation, please kindly check if the methods in the following link is useful for you.

https://blog.workinghardinit.work/2016/11/28/easily-migrating-non-ad-integrated-dns-servers-while-preserving-server-names-and-ip-addresses/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

This "IPAM, DHCP, DNS" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

Best Regards,

Sunny

"IPAM, DHCP, DNS" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "IPAM, DHCP, DNS"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• 編集済み Sunny Qi 2020 2020年7月23日 7:24
    • 回答としてマーク iconoclast88 2020年7月23日 17:00
    • 回答としてマークされていない iconoclast88 2020年7月23日 17:00
    • 回答の候補に設定 Sunny Qi 2020 2020年7月29日 9:43
    • 回答としてマーク iconoclast88 2020年7月29日 13:02
    2020年7月23日 7:22
  • is this also applicable to 2019 os?<style></style>
    2020年7月23日 17:00
  • Hi,

Yes, you are correct.

Best Regards,

Sunny

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

2020年7月24日 3:59
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Sunny

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

2020年7月27日 4:52
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose the helpful reply as answer as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

Best Regards,

Sunny

2020年7月29日 9:43