none
Microsoft Update issues in Windows 7 64 Bit - Last 4 security updates

全部回复

• I have been requested to add this post at the request of Wendy from Microsoft at v-wendl@microsoft.com.  She wrote as follows (the reason I'm doing a few posts here is because the long one failed due to a security error of not being verified).

"Thanks for contacting the Forum Support Feedback email box.            

Your post has already been assigned to our engineers. Our engineer will reply to you as soon as possible.

In addition, it’s recommended to create a new thread to make your issue noticeable. It is strongly encouraged that you post as detailed information as possible to receive a quicker solution. 

Please understand that this email box is for Support Feedback collecting only. If you have any comments or suggestions for our forum support, welcome to contact us.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Thanks,

Wendy"

2018年6月4日 13:58
  • Now for the issue.  I will post this as soon as someone from Microsoft verifies my account because until that happens, I can't post links or files!!

2018年6月4日 14:02
  • Hi,

Please refer to the following article and check if it can help you.

Windows 10 April 2018 Update common problems and fixes

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-april-2018-update-common-problems-and-fixes

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, setupDiag is a new command-line tool that can help diagnose why a Windows 10 update failed.

https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-cn/windows/deployment/upgrade/setupdiag

SetupDiag works by searching Windows Setup log files. When searching log files, SetupDiag uses a set of rules to match known issues. In the current version of SetupDiag there are 26 rules contained in the rules.xml file, which is extracted when SetupDiag is run. The rules.xml file will be updated as new versions of SetupDiag are made available.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年6月5日 5:24
    版主
  • None of these solve my Windows 7 problem.
    2018年6月6日 11:36
  • Above post is the error I've been receiving.

1.  I refer to your posting:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2dd008ab-a23b-4ad3-9b7d-12b6919df771/repeatedly-failed-to-install-201805-security-monthly-quality-rollup-for-windows-7-for-x64based?forum=w7itprosecurity

1.  I followed all of your instructions, but was unable to install the latest 4 updates being KB4099633 (40.8MB), KB4103718 (221.0MB), KB4103713 (221.9MB) and KB4103472(40.8MB).   See screen dump below of these that continue to fail.

1. Please also see screen dumps below so you can see every single update that has been installed on my computer, including updates have continually failed:

1. I can supply the logs requested from the above post, but will not post here as they may contain personally identifiable information, but if a Microsoft tech contacts me at djandgl.s@gmail.com I can provide the link.  The files are:

1. cbs.log (%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log) – size is 217MB
    2. windowsupdate.log (%windir%\windowsupdate.log) – size is 1.7MB
    3. CheckSUR.log (%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log) – file did not exist on my system
    4. setupact, setuperr (c:\Windows\Panther) – uploaded setupact size is 313KB.  Setuperr is blank (0kb) so I could not upload it.
    Next post will be screen dumps every update I've attempted to install. I have to break into multiple posts as otherwise it is failing.

2018年6月6日 11:45
  • This is the last one......

2018年6月6日 11:48
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?  We are looking forward to your good news.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年6月14日 1:26
    版主
  • No I haven't solved my problem.  I'm hoping for a Microsoft engineer to contact me (so I can provide greater details than posted above because some of the logs contain personally identifiable information) or suggest a solution.

Windows 7still does not install the updates.

2018年6月14日 4:57