none
Connect existing AD user to existing Mailbox as principal user (where existing mailbox has a different user attached)

问题

• Hey Everyone,

As the title suggests I'm attempting to connect an existing AD user to an existing Mailbox as the principal user(where existing mailbox has a different user attached) - This so that attached to the ad assigns the correct mailbox automatically. When I attempt to change the mailbox user to the AD user I get the error message that the name is already in use, and attempts to circumvent this have failed.

Thank you in advance for any trouble to be taken. 

• 已编辑 WardyJ 2018年6月7日 8:38
    2018年6月6日 14:47

全部回复

• Please fix your question so that it's readable by removing the imbedded HTML and then I'll be happy to read it.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

2018年6月6日 21:24
  • Hey There Crowley,

Apologies - the mystery html been chased away (my inability to add the existing ad user to the mailbox as  user however unfortunately hasnt)

Thanks for pointing it out, have a great day.

Found the culprit of the mystery html, it was grammarly! 

• 已编辑 WardyJ 2018年6月7日 8:39
    2018年6月7日 6:57
  • Please tell us specifically and completely what you're doing.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

2018年6月7日 11:21
  • I have two AD profiles (assigned to the same person): Profile A and Profile B.

Profile A got corrupted when upgrading from w7 to w10 and profile B was created.

I have One mailbox assigned to Profile A. 

I need Profile B to be assigned to this mailbox as the principal user, however when I change the principal user to Profile B, it says profile B already exists (which is only logical). So far I failed to reassign Profile B as the principal user, I'd appreciate any and all help.

A bit of elaboration: so far the problem was solved by just giving acces rights to profile B, however for the GDPR we set up a mdm system which synchronises through the AD, causing problems down the line (since Profile B is the active profile)

2018年6月11日 6:48
  • What's an AD profile?  Do you mean a Windows logon profile, or an Outlook profile, or something else?

2018年6月13日 18:04
  • When I try:

Set-User -UserPrincipalName 'ProfileB@domein.local' -SamAccountName 'ProfileB' -Identity 'domein.local/<PLACEINAD>/ProfileA'

I get the respone: "Error: ProfileB@domein.local is already used by other adressed object ProfileA, use a unique value"

With AD profile I mean a user in our active Directory (used to login to both our domain as into our e-mails)

2018年6月14日 6:55
  • Is that the real message?  I'm asking because it has a misspelling.  It's always best if you copy and paste any messages exactly as they appear.

It looks to me as if you have a duplicate entry.

Use:

Get-Recipient -Identity "profileb@domein.local"

to see if there are any recipients using that address. 

Use ADSI Edit to examine object profilea@domein.local to see if any of the following attributes have the values shown:

proxyAddresses - smtp:profileb@domein.local

targetAddress - smtp:profileb@domein.local

userPrincipalName - profileb@domein.local

mail - profileb@domein.lodal

If it has, you have a duplicate.  Either assign a different address or remove the conflicting property from profilea@domein.local.

2018年6月14日 16:39