none
Repeatedly failed to install Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

问题

• Repeatedly failed since June 20, 2017 to install Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems.

All other updates have been successful.

Troubleshooting advice has not been helpful.

Can you please tell me what to do?

2017年11月26日 16:40

全部回复

• Hi,

Is there any error message when install Security Monthly Quality Rollup failed?

Did you try to download and manually install the update?

If no, please try to download and manually install the update.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

Please try to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to check system files and recovery corrupted files, here are steps:

1. Open Command Prompt (as administrator).

2. Type sfc /scannow, and then press Enter.

3. After the scan is finished, try to install updates again.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2017年11月27日 2:27
  • Hi, 

Hows everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2017年11月29日 2:21
  • I have tried numerous times to download and manually install the update, and failed to update each time.

I do not know where to locate the System File Checker Tool.

2017年11月30日 19:07
  • Hi,

Is there any error message when install Security Monthly Quality Rollup failed?

Please take following steps to use System File Checker tool (SFC.exe).

1. Type CMD in search box, right click Command Prompt to choose run as administrator.

2. Type sfc /scannow, and then press Enter.

3. After the scan is finished, try to install updates again.

If it can’t work, please try to reset the Windows Update Components, please refer the following link.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components

If it still can't work, in order to troubleshoot the issue deeply, please help us collect the cbs.log (%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log) , windowsupdate.log (%windir%\windowsupdate.log) , CheckSUR.log (%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log), then upload the log to OneDrive and paste the link here. We will help you to analyze them.

Note: If the logs contain the privacy information, please hide it.

2017年12月1日 1:27
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

2017年12月4日 10:34
  • I have the same problem so I'll jump in here.

2017-08, 2017-09, 2017-10, 2017-11, 2018-01, etc. have all failed. Code 80073712.

I tried installing 2017-08 KB4034664 manually and the package says "This update is not applicable to your computer." 

2018-01 KB4056894 "This update is not applicable to your computer."

This is after SFC, windowsupdate.diagcab, and file system check.

I ended up just hiding them all.

Files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlQP8n7Qzp_rhiITRGExAJMVO-Yv

2018年1月29日 14:20
  • Please create a new thread. Your problem is different with the original post.

Thanks for your understanding.

2018年1月30日 1:27
  • No, Christopher Barth's problem is the exact same problem as the original post. Which is the exact same problem I am having and the suggested fix, did not fix it. Trying to install the updates manually does not work and the SFX finds no problems and even after the scan, still does not install the Monthly Quality Rollup updates 

So, still an open issue and still waiting to see something that works besides hiding the updates.

2018年1月31日 7:58
  • Good Morning, I have been having the exact same problem - has anyone found a solution other than a format/reinstall?

2018年2月20日 11:37
  • I am also having this problem but when I attempt to run SFC from the command prompt I get the following reply

" 'sfc' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I am running window 7 x64

2018年2月26日 13:04
  • Same problem here with Win 7 64. This has been going here since last year. Nothing has helped and I've tried every single thing that I have seen suggested including multiple runs of SFC, numerous attempts of manual install, numerous resets of Windows Update Components, etc., etc.

Would be nice if there was a fix.

2018年3月29日 19:02
  • The last security monthly quality rollup for Win 7 64 that I have been able to install is Sept. 2017. All offered since then, Oct 2017 through Apr 2018 have failed. I also tried many suggestions that did nothing.
    UPDATE: I have sucessfully manually downloaded and installed Security-Only Quality Updates for Oct 2017 through April 2018.
    2018年4月14日 13:06
  • 2018-05 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4103718).  This update and all others for the past year have not worked.  I get a "Failed' messaged.  I have tried the manual download mentioned above, but that doesn't work either.  If there are any Microsoft technicians reading this thread, I'd appreciate a solution.  I'm running Win 7 Pro of a 64-bit Dell laptop.  Thank you. 

2018年5月11日 19:50
  • Same problem, Security Monthly Quality Rollups repeatedly fail to install since February 2018, and now May 2018 doesn't work either.  All other updates install successfully.  I am running Windows 7 Pro, 64bit, on a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge. 

I have run sfc /scannow and chkdsk and both report no problems.  I have also run hardware scans, tried installing the updates manually, and reinstalled Windows Update.  There are no error messages when these KB's fail.  This problem seems to be prevalent among Windows 7-64bit users.  All suggested fixes on this website and other websites DO NOT solve the failure to install the monthly quality updates.  Surely to heaven there is a Microsoft tech somewhere who can help with this issue.

2018年5月13日 1:09
  • Wholehearted concur with all the above posts. This is not acceptable, MS. It's making me paranoid, are we being punished for not updating to Win 10? Or are we getting trainee devs?
    2018年5月13日 10:09