none
Repeatedly failed to install 2018-05 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

问题

• Hi,

Does anyone know how to solve this issue ? It's the 1st time I am having this issue (Laptop Toshiba Satellite Pro L300)

1) I updated first MS Essential : OK

2) I updated KB4103718 [2018-05 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64]. Message : "Update successfuly installed (but it's NOT ! See below). Restart your computer". Then I restarted my computer and...

Then, everything goes wrong:

1) Windows refuses to start (frozen on MS logo)=>

a) I shut down my laptop manually (Power button) =>

b) I restart my laptop and a dialog box recommends "startup repair" : I pressed Enter and then the system searches for "repairs" eternally... => I shut down the laptop manually again.

2) I re-re-started my computer and... Windows starts normally.

3) When I checked for the installed Update : "failed" appears... for KB4103718 [2018 roll up] but 2018-05 Security & quality Roll up for .NET FRAMEWORK (KB4099633) is installed for the 3rd time

4) I got a message to install KB4103718 AND KB4099633.

P.S.: A tec checked my laptop and fixed 2 issues on the Registry and System files, did a restor point to the 8th of May since the issue appeared last week. I got the Error message 0x8000ffff last week. 

2018年5月14日 19:13

全部回复

• I just run a sfc /scannow: No issue detected

Then I downloaded the WU Troubleshooter and: 

- service registration is missing or corrupt : not fixed

- Windows Uodate Error 0x8024402C (2018-05-14-T-03_19_26P) not fixed

- Problems installing recent updates : fixed

What should I do now ?

2018年5月14日 19:35
  • Hi,

Here are some ways may help you solve the problem.

1. Please try to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) by taking following these steps:

1.1 Open an administrative Command Prompt window.

1.2 Type following command and then press Enter.

sfc /scannow

1.3  After the scan is finished, try to install updates again.

2.Please try to use clean boot to boot PC into a clean environment, then try to install the update.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

3. Please try to download the most recent Servicing Stack Update (SSU)

3.1 Click Start, type Windows update in the search box, and then click Windows Update in the Programs list.

3.2 In the left pane, click Change settings, select Never check for updates, and then select OK.

3.3Restart the computer.

3.4 After the computer restarts, download KB3177467 using the following links.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB3177467

3.5 Restart the computer, then turn Automatic Updates back on. Open Windows Update, select Change Settings. Under Important Updates, click the dropdown and select Install updates automatically (recommended). Click OK to save your changes, and then select Check for updates to download and install any remaining updates.

If all methods can't work, please help us collect the cbs.log (%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log) , windowsupdate.log (%windir%\windowsupdate.log) , CheckSUR.log (%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log), setupact, setuperr (c:\Windows\Panther),post them onto OneDrive and share the link here, which can help us do more research.

Note: If you have any concern about this, please send the logs to tnmff@microsoft.com with post link through email, but it may cause reply delay.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年5月15日 6:46
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年5月17日 9:00
  • Hi,

I have this exact same issue on a workstation. I've tried all of the steps above to no avail. I still cannot get this update to install. 

Any additional ideas?

2018年5月18日 11:25